How to Pin
Dropping a pin on the map is done in 2 simple steps
Step 1: Find it. Find your Spot on the Map.
Step 2: Pin it. Select and drop your pin.
- Tap the type of pin you want to drop
- Tap the map to drop the pin
- Tap ‘Okay’ when prompted
Now add details by clicking the Blue arrow and filling out the info requested.
Creating and Setting up a trip is done in 3 simple steps
Step 1: Plan it. Creating the trip.
- Tap the + button in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- Fill in the Trip Name, Start Date and End Date.
- Choose Unlocked or Locked (Unlocked: If you want to allow others to be able to add info to the trip; or, Locked: If you’re the only organizer allowed.
- Tap ‘Create New Trip’
Step 2: Pin it. Show where you’re going.
After you’ve created the trip you will immediately be presented with the trips dashboard.
- Tap the Green ‘Map’ Button.
- With the map open, pinch and zoom until you have found the exact spot you’re heading.
- Tap the + button in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose the Red pin
- Tap the exact location on the map you wish to drop the Red pin
- Tap “Okay”
Next, you’ll see the red pin you just dropped on the map.
- Tap the Blue arrow
- Enter a name for the pin
- Enter the arrival and departure dates
- Enter some notes for the friends who will be joining you
- Tap ‘Save Changes’
(Pro-tip: Remember that these RED pins are only viewable to the members of the trip.)
Step 3 : Share it. Invite friends to the trip.
- Tap the Red ‘Trip Mates’ button
- Tap the + button in the upper right to see your friends list
- Tap your friend’s names to add them to the trip
When finished Tap the ‘Add Mates to Trip’ button and everyone will be sent the invite
Sharing info can be done 4 ways: On the map, through Facebook, via Twitter, or by email.
Sharing on the map
Just leave your pin on the map. Having a pin to see, and learn from, helps all members of myCampmate.
Sharing through Facebook
- From the pin details screen tap the Facebook icon
- Then enter your Facebook username and password
- Add additional information that you would like and hit "Share"
Sharing via Twitter
- From the pin details screen tap the Twitter icon
- Enter your account credentials. Add additional information and hit "Tweet"
Sharing by Email
- Tap the email icon and it will activate your email client.
- Select your recipients, compose your message, and hit send